I had the privilege of shooting Rakrakan 2017 last 14 January held at MOA Concert Ground in Pasay City (Philippines). This was my debut to cover a music festival in my hometown since I started shooting live music events.
"Rakrakan Festival" is on its fifth year, it was launched for local artists and their fans, the biggest and loudest gathering of all Filipino artists in the country. This year's theme was "OPM Against Drugs", an awareness that aims to educate the youth on the effect of drug abuse and addiction.
The festival had 5 stages, varying from different genres - Mosh, Slam, Groove, Indie and Move. Bands performed simultaneously in all stages from mid-day till dawn. There were more or less a 100 bands scheduled to play, I didn't intend to shoot them all but I did make a list of bands that I preferred to shoot.
This was a unique music festival coverage for me, a thrilling and exciting experience watching and shooting famous mainstream and indie music artists of my generation.
Here are the highlights of my coverage.
Days of January
Kartel and Lion and the Scouts
Mr. Bones and The Boneyard Circus
Banda ni Kleggy
- Nikon D800
- Nikon D810
- Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D
- Nikkor AF-S 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
- Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED VR
- Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
- Think Tank Retrospective 30
- Manfrotto Self Standing Monopod 682b + Benro Head
- Black Rapid Strap - Sport
- Bamboo Live in Dubai
- Upcoming Music Gigs in the UAE
- Meet the Cosplayers of MEFCC
- Surviving a Fashion Show Shoot
- Chasing Cinderella on Ice
- I Shot "The Proclaimers"
- Shooting the Con, MEFCC 2016
- Grip & Rip, The Wiz Khalifa Concert
- Shooting Billy Ocean & UB40's Ali, Astro & Mickey
- Tips on Shooting Music Events
- Shooting at the Pit
- Dubai Jazz Fest 2016 - Preparation
- Dubai Festival Show - Mall of the Emirates
- Middle East Film and Comic Con 2013
- Al Ain - The Green City of Emirates